High blood pressure is an important condition to monitor, as it may put you at greater risk of developing heart disease. If you’ve been diagnosed with hypertension, then it’s important to make healthy lifestyle changes. You can also add certain foods to your diet that are shown to be good for high blood pressure.
About High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a condition where there is a sustained force of blood through your arteries. It’s determined by how much blood is being pumped through your arteries and how much resistance there is in your arteries. The more blood your heart pumps through narrow arteries, the higher your blood pressure will be.1
Because chronic high blood pressure is strongly related to lifestyle, it’s critical to make adjustments to your personal health if you want to achieve a long-term solution for hypertension. Here are some ways to reduce and manage your blood pressure:2
- Weight Loss: There is often a direct relationship between weight and blood pressure—as your weight increases so does your blood pressure rate. By maintaining a healthy weight, you can reduce your risk of high blood pressure and developing heart disease.
- Exercise: Consistent and regular cardio exercise can lower your blood pressure. It’s recommended to perform at minimum 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily in order to prevent hypertension and prevent blood pressure from increasing again.
- Diet: Eating whole foods that are low in sodium can help drop your blood pressure. It’s also important to increase your intake of potassium if you have high blood pressure, as it can counter the sodium in your diet.
- Eliminate Harmful Substances: If you have high blood pressure and you’re a smoker, it’s vital to quit. Additionally, cutting back on caffeine and alcohol can also go a long way in controlling your blood pressure.
- Reduce Stress: Chronic stress may have a direct impact on your blood pressure rate. If you have too many responsibilities and obligations, consider scaling back so you can focus on what’s most important—your health.
Natural Products for High Blood Pressure
In addition to making essential lifestyle changes, you can also incorporate some natural products into your diet that have shown to help reduce blood pressure. If you currently have hypertension, try these products that are good for high blood pressure:
Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar has been shown to significantly reduce blood pressure when taken daily as a health tonic. Apple cider vinegar helps to naturally boost metabolism, helping increase circulation and drop blood pressures rates.
Garlic - Garlic has natural anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce heart inflammation that causes tension that constricts arteries and leads to high blood pressure.
Cayenne Pepper - Cayenne pepper naturally improves circulation by opening up blood vessels. As blood vessels widen to allow more blood flow, it reduces the blood pressure rate.
Honey - Honey contains carbohydrate compounds that have shown to have an antioxidant effect, protecting the heart against disease symptoms, including hypertension.
Coconut Water - Coconut water is a natural electrolyte replenisher. Its high content of potassium can help lower blood pressure levels by restoring critical nutrients to the body.