Healthy looking skin is something that most of us desire but few of us obtain consistently. Many people find themselves constantly battling a skin issue, whether it’s acne, dermatitis or rosacea. Some of us can keep a skin condition at bay for a while only to have a new issue crop up. Natural products for skin help to moisturize, nourish and clear up skin problems giving you back a healthy glow.
About Skin Health
Just like any other aspect of your health, such as diet and exercise, your skin also needs ongoing maintenance and care. You can develop your own skin care routine by choosing natural products for skin that address the specific issues you face. Many of your everyday household products actually contain skin-nourishing compounds that can help improve your skin’s health and appearance.1
Before looking at some of the products you can use to boost skin health, let’s look at some of the important ways to take good care of your skin:
- Exfoliate: The top layer of your skin contains dead cells that can clog up pores, causing blemishes. Exfoliating your skin regularly reduces the risk of developing pimples.
- Moisturize: Keeping your skin hydrated is critical to maintaining your skin’s youthful appearance. Having moisturized skin also prevents dryness that can cause an overproduction of oils that leads to acne.
- Protect: Your skin faces many threats throughout the day, including sun damage. Protecting your skin using an SPF will help prevent long-term damage.
- Nourish: Your diet plays a major role in your skin’s health. It’s critical to follow a diet that provides you with the right balance of nutrients so that your skin can continue to repair and rejuvenate itself naturally.
Without a consistent skin care routine, you may find yourself fighting any of the following skin conditions:2
- Acne: When skin glands get infected it causes acne, which can appear on the face, back and shoulders.
- Rosacea: Rosacea causes redness and swelling on the skin, particularly around the nose and cheeks.
- Dermatitis: Dermatitis is considered a group of different skin conditions that cause inflammation and rashes that can be itchy.
- Age Spots: Prolonged sun exposure can lead to age spots, also known as liver spots. These are patches of skin discoloration that appear over time.
Top Natural Products for Skin
As part of your skin care routine, you can use the following natural products for skin depending on the condition you’re treating:
Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple cider vinegar can be used on your skin as a natural antibacterial and cleansing product for acne-prone skin.
Coconut Oil - Coconut oil has natural hydrating and nourishing properties that can help moisturize dry patches.
Flaxseed Oil - Flaxseed oil can help to reduce swelling and redness caused by dermatitis and rosacea.
Honey - With antibacterial properties, honey can hep to prevent skin infections that lead to acne.
Tea Tree Oil - Tea tree oil is a natural skin astringent that can help alleviate skin inflammation and redness.