Alzheimer’s is a degenerative disease that slowly affects cognitive function over time. Certain people are more genetically prone to developing Alzheimer’s and taking preventive measures can help slow disease progression or reduce the risk of developing it. Other cures for Alzheimer’s naturally help to reverse the damage done by this condition.
About Alzheimer’s Disease
Considered a form of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative condition that causes brain cells to die off, which slowly impacts cognitive performance. Alzheimer’s disease primarily affects people over the age of 65, with up to one-third of older adults possibly having the condition. Rates of Alzheimer’s double every 5 years and cures for this condition have been studied intensely for the past few decades.1
Alzheimer’s occurs when brain cells die off and are no longer able to form as many neurological connections as a healthy brain. There are two effects that occur in the brain that are attributed to Alzheimer’s disease:2
- Plaques: When clumps of protein buildup in the brain they form plaque-like masses, which appear to interfere with healthy brain cell function.
- Tangles: When a protein called tau designed to transport nutrients between brain cells begin to twist abnormally, it’s referred to as tangles. Tau tangles in the brain cause healthy cells to die off from not receiving enough nutrients.
Certain people may be more at-risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. Possible risk factors for Alzheimer’s include a combination of the following:2
- Age (those over the age of 65)
- Being female
- Family history
- Bad overall health, including poor diet and exercise habits
- Being diagnosed with other severe medical conditions, including stroke and diabetes
- Exposure to environmental toxins
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease typically start out mild and slowly worsen over time. Common Alzheimer’s symptoms include:2
- Memory loss and forgetfulness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Troubles with tasks such as finances
- Changes in personality and behavior such as becoming angry or irritable
- Depression, anxiety and mood swings
- Delusional thoughts
- Shifts in sleeping patterns
Top Natural Cures for Alzheimer's Disease
Natural cures for Alzheimer’s help to improve brain cell health by lowering inflammation and preventing the accumulation of plaques and tangles in the brain.
ASEA - ASEA is a redox signaling drink, meaning it helps to reduce levels of free radicals in the body, which are contributors to chronic diseases like Alzheimer’s. Taking ASEA as a preventive cure for Alzheimer’s can help reduce the risk of developing the condition or prevent further cognitive decline.
Ashwagandha - A traditional Ayurvedic herb, ashwagandha has benefits for reducing the buildup of toxic plaques in the brain that lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
Ginkgo Biloba - Ginkgo biloba has known benefits for cognitive enhancement. It can be taken as an herbal cure for Alzheimer’s disease by slowing cognitive decline and preventing memory loss.
Coconut Oil - Coconut oil is a high source of healthy fats, including omega-3 fatty acids, which have proven health benefits for nourishing the brain and prevent cellular damage. Coconut oil can be taken as a preventive cure for Alzheimer’s by enhancing brain function and health and preventing cognitive decline.
Gotu Kola - Impacting the brain and it’s neuro-regenerative abilities, gotu kola can help enhance cognitive function, including in Alzheimer’s patients, by improving overall neurological health.